Did you ever use the uninstall program to remove software and then find that the name was still there in your programs list? With all this amazing technology available, WHY is this still happening?
Well solution one may be a little known Microsoft freeware originally distributed with Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools found here. The program is called chklnks.exe. You will need to download the whole file and then RUN it to extract the tools. For most newbies it is a good idea to create a folder on your desktop called DOWNLOADS and download the rktools.exe to it.
Then find the rktools.exe file, highlight it, right-click it and click on OPEN in the menu that comes up. The file will then install where it wants to.
OR to make things easier follow this instruction: To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
Here are Microsoft's Instructions:
- If the Beta version of Resouce Kit Tools is installed, it needs to be removed first.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download. Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Saveor Save this program to disk.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
- 30 MB of free disk space
- Windows XP
- Windows XP SP1
- Windows Server 2003 family
Ditto - Tracks your clipboard history
Click the link above and your will be taken to Sourceforge to download or you could use my favorite uncluttered download spot, Snapfiles.com to download DITTO.